Other booking-related questions
We hand-picked some other booking-related questions that guests frequently asked during their queries. We hope this will give you a better understanding of our services and help you to decide before committing to a reservation.
Is breakfast included in your rates?
Breakfast is part of our regular room rate. However, we offer our rooms with a variety of meal plans to suit your needs.
Here is a list of meal plans we offer with accommodation:
– Bed and Breakfast
– Dinner + Bed and Breakfast
– Lunch + Dinner + Bed and Breakfast
If you’d like to have a detailed price list of the above rates, please get in touch with our team by filling out our Enquiry form. Also, you may find more details about our breakfast and dinner service on our Services page.
How many people can stay at By Bush Telegraph Lodge?
The maximum capacity of our guest house is 24 people. That is two guests in each room. Some of our rooms have double beds. Therefore these rooms are only suitable to accommodate a single guest or a couple. The rest of our rooms are apt for couples and two singles sharing.
How many people can stay in a room?
The maximum occupancy of our rooms is two people.
Here are the options for room occupancy explained:
– 2x adults
– 2x adults + 1 infant (we can provide a cot on request)
– 2x adults + 1 toddler (under the age of 3)
– 1x adult + 1 child (between the age of 4 – 12)
– 2x children (between the age of 4 – 12)
Do you have a family room?
Although we don’t have a family room in our guest house, we have a room that can accommodate the following:
– 3x adults – that is 1x adult (single bed) + 2 adults (King size)
– 2x adults + 1 child (between the age of 4 – 12) – that is 1x child (single bed) + 2 adults (King size)
– 2x adults + 1x child + 1x toddler/infant – that is 1x child under the age of 12 (single bed) + 2x adults + 1x toddler/infant (King size)
Should you wish to book this room or if you have other booking-related questions, please fill out this Booking Enquiry Form.
Do you allow day visits or have rates by the hour?
Unfortunately, we don’t allow guests for a day visit only, and we don’t offer rates by the hour. However, we offer other options, where you could book one of our specially allocated rooms for a few hours and you could use our facilities for the duration of your stay.
We call this a short stay and we offer the following options:
SHORT STAY OPTIONS
– Standard room for 4 hours (13:00-15:00) = R400
– Standard room for 6 hours (14:00-20:00) = R600
SHORT STAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– We require guests staying the first time to pay a 50% deposit before arrival.
– The above rates only apply for a maximum of 2 guests (adults).
– If you exceed the booked time frame, there will be an additional surcharge (a minimum of R200).
If you have any other booking-related questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team via email or Whatsapp.
What if I lose my keys?
Unfortunately, you have to pay for lost keys. The fee is R500.
The fee is made up of the following:
– Copying keys
– Replacing the room number on the keyring
– Replacing the gate remote
Can I smoke in the room?
Under South African laws, we strictly forbid smoking in any of our rooms and our public areas inside the building. We have designated smoking areas with ashtrays provided throughout the property.
If you still smoke in one of our rooms, you will be liable for an additional cleaning fee of R350.
The cleaning fee includes the following:
– Deep-cleaning of the entire room
– Washing and ironing of bedding and skirting
– Washing of curtains
– Cleaning of carpets/mats
You may find more information about this on our Legal Notice page.
How do I check in online?
We send you a link via WhatsApp (or SMS) once you’ve arrived at our guest house. When you tap on this link on your mobile phone, you’ll be redirected to our online check-in form. This is a simple yet elegant web-based form that allows you to enter your details from the comfort of your room whenever you want.
If you find it difficult to fill out this form, we are always happy to help. So just send us a message and we’ll walk you through the process.