Legal Information and policies
You may find all legal information, our company policies and the terms and conditions of making use of our services on this page. Which includes but not limited to this website, booking engine, contact forms, website cookies and the use of all services and facilities available at our establishment.
IMPORTANT! THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
EFFECTIVE AS OF 20 Nov 2015, LAST UPDATED: 08 SEPTEMBER 2020
Terms and conditions for using this website
The term ‘By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our company’ or ‘company’ or ‘guest house’ refers to the owner of this website whose registered office and physical address is 22 Riboville Road, Midrand 1683, Republic of South Africa. Our company registration number is 2013/011927/07 registered in Johannesburg, South Africa. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by the South African law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to our company. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which is not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The information contained in this website, located at www.bbtlodge.com is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of our company. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserve the right to modify, add, or remove portions of the terms of this agreement at any time without any notice. Unless informed otherwise, such changes will become effective immediately upon publishing of the changes to www.bbtlodge.com/legal-notice/.
You hereby agree that your use of this website following the publishing of changes to this agreement means that you accept such changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Our company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20 Nov 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, ID or passport number
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests and needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please get in touch via email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- What information do we collect with these cookies, and how do we use the information?
- How can you control your cookie preferences?
You can change or withdraw your Cookie Declaration consent on our website at any time using the link below.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
For more general information on cookies, see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
Whereas the third-party cookies we use are for the following:
- Understanding how our website performs
- Analyzing how you use our website
- Provide you with secure services
- Serve advertisements that are relevant to you
- Most importantly, to provide you with the best possible user experience and help speed up your future visit to our website
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
You can learn how to manage cookies on your web browser by following the Browser Cookies Guide.
THE COOKIES WE SET
- Email newsletters related cookies – This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribe/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies –When you submit data through a form, such as those found on some contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Our website also uses Google Ads, formerly known as Google Adwords, for marketing and remarketing purposes to advertise our services on third party websites, on Google search results, as well as on Google Display Network.
If you wish to change your personal preferences on how these Ads are being delivered, you may do so using Google’s Ads Settings.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including (but not limited to); Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. This Cookies Policy was created with the help of the Generator of GDPR Cookies Policy.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
Payment Processing Terms and Conditions
A detailed description of our services
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD is a business in the Hospitality / Tourism industry that provides accommodation services.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 14 days and bookings confirmed by way of booking number via email.
The provision of services by By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of bookings by the client will attract a 10% administration fee. Find out more about our Cancellation Policy.
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from www.polity.org.za.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard or by bank transfer into the By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by a private company based in South Africa trading as By Bush Telegraph Lodge and with registration number 2013/011927/07 and Angela Damerell-Ujvari, Antal Ujvari.
By Bush Telegraph Lodge Contact Details
- Physical address: 22 Ribville Road, Randjesfontein, Midrand 1683, South Africa
- Email: contact us via email
- Telephone number: +27768005485
Reservation and Cancellation Policies
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to all room reservations made at By Bush Telegraph Lodge and are binding the person making the booking upon confirmation of the reservation by payment of the specified deposit. Only legitimate reservations should be made only by you and/or your invited guests and/or for others on whose behalf you are authorized to act, including without limitation, reselling, assigning or posting on third-party websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservation in anticipation of demand. Our company reserves the right to cancel or modify reservations for any reason, including where we suspect that a guest is involved in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where we suspect that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error, even if such mistake or error is ours. To dispute the cancellation of booking please contact us via email.
Right of Admission
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserves the right to object to the employment by the customer and guests of any person in connection with any booking. The Guest House has the full right of admission to the premises. No animals of any kind are allowed on the premises unless officially certified as a Service animal.
Upon the date of reservation hereof, the booking shall be considered provisional for a maximum period of 72 hours. To confirm a booking the following payment terms must be adhered to:
Within 7 days of booking the Guest House requires a 50% non-refundable deposit in order to confirm and secure the booking. Should the 50% non-refundable deposit not be received, the Lodge reserves the right to continue quoting on the requested dates.
All payments must be made in the applicable currency directly to By Bush Telegraph Lodge. Kindly consider currency fluctuations when making payments via bank transfers.
Reservation Office Hours
Our normal office opening hours for reservations are as follows:
|Monday – Friday||6:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday – Sunday||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Public holidays||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
Same Day Reservations
- Online reservations for the same day can be made between the hours of 6:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Telephonic and email reservations for the same day can be made between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Unfortunately, we don’t take ‘walk-in reservations’, because we require a deposit payment to secure all our bookings.
- We require Last-minute bookings to be secured by a 100% deposit payment before arrival.
Next-Day & Future Date Reservations
- Online reservations for the following day or for a future date can be made 24 hours every day without any restrictions.
- Email reservations for the following day or for a future date can also be made 24 hours a day without any restrictions. However, a response to your enquiry should only be expected during our office opening hours.
- Telephonic reservations for the following day or for a future date can be made during our normal reservation office opening hours.
Check-in and Check-out times
Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability on a relevant day, and you must arrange it in advance within a reasonable time frame. Also, an additional fee may apply. Find out more about early-check-ins.
|Early check-in fees|
Check-in later than 20:00 must be arranged in advance with the guest house and may result in an additional surcharge of R300.00. Suites not occupied by the guest by 22:00 will be assumed to be ‘No Show’ unless prior arrangement has been made for a late check-in.
If you wish to check-out early, please arrange it with our management within a reasonable time before our regular departure time. You may find below the additional fees that may apply.
|Late check-out fees|
For information about breakfast opening times, please visit our Services page.
Cancellation by the Guest House
We reserve the right to cancel any bookings forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction of the allocated rooms or venue by fire or cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, strikes, lockouts or industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of our company, which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking. Subject to the circumstances, an asserted but reasonable effort will be made to persist with accommodating the reservation.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
We created a more flexible cancellation policy to accommodate the uncertainty around travelling and flight cancellations in South Africa due to the restrictions caused by COVID-19. This cancellation policy will be in effect until the South African Government lifts all travel restrictions and travelling will be safe again. As per our booking policy, a 50% deposit will be required to secure all bookings.
- No cancellation fee will be charged for cancelling a confirmed booking more than 24 hours prior to arrival.
- The full deposit (50% of booking amount) will be withheld if cancelling a confirmed reservation less than 24 hours before arrival.
- Non-arrivals (or No Shows) are liable to pay the 100% booking price.
- 100% of the booking price will be payable when shortening an already confirmed booking during the course of the stay.
Shuttle Service Terms and Conditions
On request, we do offer a shuttle service to our guests for a surcharge within the borders of Gauteng. Although we do some of these transfers ourselves, we also use third party shuttle companies. The drivers of these companies are all certified, metered taxi drivers. Also, these vehicles and their drivers all get inspected by our Management to ensure a high-quality standard of service during your trip.
We do most of the local shuttle service requests within Midrand. However, for transfers further than the borders of Midrand, like OR Tambo International Airport collections, we might outsource third party shuttle companies. And most of these companies have very strict cancellation policies. Therefore any booked and confirmed shuttle service, that wasn’t cancelled at least 2 hours prior to collection time, or missed for any reason, will be liable to pay 50% of the shuttle tariff as a cancellation fee. Such fees will be due for payment on arrival at our guest house.
Any guest choosing to use a shuttle service arranged by By Bush Telegraph Lodge acknowledges the following:
- You agree that By Bush Telegraph Lodge or any of their Staff members shall NOT be liable for any loss, damage or injury or illness of any kind arising from the use of such shuttle service.
- You agree to indemnify By Bush Telegraph Lodge and all of their staff members from any loss, damage or injury that might arise from any loss or injury suffered by you arising from or incidental to the use of this shuttle service.
- You acknowledge that the use of this shuttle service is entirely voluntary and you accept all risks involved therein.
Children of all ages are welcome. By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD is not responsible for any harm or injuries of any sort that may come to children whilst on the guest house premises. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to ensure the safety and appropriate behaviour of their children in the guest house, and By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD Staff are not responsible for the supervision of children left unattended by their parents.
- Children under the age of 3 can stay in the guest house for no extra charge. They are not considered as an adult from the accommodation point of view.
- Children between the ages of 3 – 12 can stay at the Guest House for an additional charge of R190.00 per night including breakfast.
- Two children between the ages of 3 – 12, sharing the same room, can stay at the Guest House for the normal “Sharing rate” per night of the particular room type.
- Children over the age of 16 are considered as adults and will be charged the full rate for their stay.
Condition of Service
All guests attend our establishment at their own risk. By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD and their employees will not responsible for loss or damage to property of any guests or their visitors brought upon the premises, arising from fire, theft or otherwise, by whomsoever caused or arising from negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the proprietors.
All visitors, whether or not they occupy our rooms are held to contract with the proprietors on this basis. All guests acknowledge that all their belongings will remain under their control and care, and guests are in the best position to secure such property. Therefore, it is reasonable for the guest to indemnify the guest house of liability and abandon their claims for such belongings.
It is your responsibility as a guest to familiarize yourself and comply with our conditions of service and our house rules during your stay.
You are also personally liable for your accounts. Therefore, you are responsible for any charges that may arise during your stay. In case of a group reservation, the guest who made the reservation will be personally liable for any outstanding payments within their group or company.
As per the South African Immigration Act Section 40, we will require you to present a valid identification document for our guest register upon arrival. In compliance with the Immigration Act and COVID-19 procedures, we will need you to fill out our online check-in register with your correct personal details.
You and your visitors are responsible for any loss or damages caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless acts to our guest house’s property or structure. As guests, you will be liable to pay the amount due to rectifying such damages before departure. If we can’t resolve disputes about such damages internally with you, we will take legal actions to solve the matter.
You and your visitors should ensure that you conduct your stay in an orderly fashion without causing a nuisance to other guests and our neighbourhood. You are also responsible to fully comply with the directives and requirements of our guest house and with all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations. Therefore you are forbidden to listen to loud music or make noise that may disturb the peace of other guests or the neighbourhood between the hours of 20:00 and 07:00.
Due to safety, health reasons and to avoid objectionable odour, we do not permit smoking of any kind in our rooms and certain public areas. However, we allow smoking in the designated areas of the building. As stipulated by law, we only permit smoking in designated smoking areas within the building. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they comply with smoking laws and, we reserve the right to take legal action against transgressors.
You may find more information about our smoking policy on our FAQ page.
Read the related Tobacco Products Control Act, 2007/ South African Government
Food and Beverage Policy
The company does not allow food or beverage items to be brought onto the premises without prior arrangement with the Management. By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserves the right to charge an additional ‘Corkage fee’ for beverages brought on the property.