Questions about food and beverage service
You may find important information about our food and beverage service. We gathered some of the most frequently asked questions and the relevant answers about our breakfast and dinner service, opening times, diets we can accommodate and our beverage service at our guest house in Midrand.
What do you serve for breakfast at your lodge?
We offer a variety of cold starters and full English breakfast cooked to your order.
We offer the following starters to our guests staying at our guest house:
– Breakfast cereals like Cornflakes, Musli, Bran flakes, etc.
– Oatmeal (or porridge)
– Homemade pastries like various Muffins, Lemon Loaf, Banana Bread, Scones, Crumpets, etc.
– Variety of preservatives and spreads like Jams, Marmalade, Bovril, etc.
– Fresh fruit and fruit salad
– A range of plain and fruit yoghurts
COOKED BREAKFAST OPTIONS
We serve the following cooked breakfast dishes in the morning:
– Full English breakfast which includes: Fried or Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Breakfast Sausage, Sauteed Mushrooms, Grilled Tomato, Baked Beans
– Cheese, Ham, Mushroom Omelette (or a combination of these)
We offer an ample selection of cold and hot beverages to our guests.
– Cold drinks: Iced water and a medley of fruit juices
– Hot beverages: Filter coffee, Hot Chocolate, Milo, assorted Tea
– Speciality Coffee: a generous selection of Dolce Gusto coffees available for a surcharge
Find out more about our food and beverage service on our Services page.
What time do you open for breakfast?
Our breakfast opening times are as follows:
– Weekdays: 06:30-08:30
– Weekends: 07:00-09:00
These opening times may vary occasionally. Additionally, you may find also our general opening times for breakfast on our Services page.
How do I place my breakfast order?
We will send you a link via WhatsApp (or SMS) once you’ve arrived at our guest house. When you tap on this link on your mobile phone, you’ll be redirected to our online breakfast order form. This is a simple yet elegant web-based solution that allows you to place your breakfast order from the comfort of your room whenever you want.
If you find it difficult to fill out this form, we are always happy to help. So just send us a message and we’ll walk you through the process.
Do you cater for special diets?
Yes. We do cater for special dietary requirements. However, we require a minimum of 24-hour notice to make the necessary preparations to accommodate such requests.
We can cater for the following diets:
– Non-strict Halaal (as we don’t have a Halaal-certified kitchen, but we can use specially allocated kitchen equipment to prepare these meals)
– Gluten intolerant
– Lactose intolerant
– No added sugar