Legal notices and policies
IMPORTANT! THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
EFFECTIVE AS OF 20 Nov 2015, LAST UPDATED: 14 DECEMBER 2018
Terms and conditions for using this website
The term ‘By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our company’ or ‘company’ or ‘guest house’ refers to the owner of this website whose registered office is 22 Riboville Road, Midrand 1683, Republic of South Africa. Our company registration number is 2013/011927/07 registered in Johannesburg, South Africa. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by the South African law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to our compnay. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The information contained in this website, located at www.bbtlodge.com is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of our company. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserve the right, to modify, add, or remove portions of the terms of this agreement at any time without any notice. Unless informed otherwise, such changes will become effective immediately upon publishing of the changes to www.bbtlodge.com/legal-notices/.
You hereby agree that your use of this website following the publishing of changes to this agreement means that you accept such changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Our company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20 Nov 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, ID or passport number
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests and needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please get in touch via email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
WHAT ARE COOKIES
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
You can learn how to manage cookies on your web browser by following the Browser Cookies Guide.
THE COOKIES WE SET
- Email newsletters related cookies – This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies –When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including (but not limited to); Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest , will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. This Cookies Policy was created with the help of the Generator of GDPR Cookies Policy.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
Reservation and Cancellation Policies
These Terms and Conditions are applicable to all room reservations made at By Bush Telegraph Lodge, and are binding the person making the booking upon confirmation of the reservation by payment of the specified deposit. Only legitimate reservations should be made only by you and/or your invited guests and/or for others on whose behalf you are authorized to act, including without limitation, reselling, assigning or posting on third party websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservations in anticipation of demand. Our company reserves the right to cancel or modify reservations for any reasons, including where we suspect that a guest is involved in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where we suspect that the reservation contains or resulted from a mistake or error, even if such mistake or error is ours. To dispute the cancellation of a booking please contact us via email.
Right of Admission
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserves the right to object to the employment by the customer and guests of any person in connection with any booking. The Guest House has the full right of admission to the premises. No animals of any kind are allowed on the premises, unless officially certified as Service animal.
Upon the date of reservation hereof the booking shall be considered provisional for a maximum period of 72 hours. To confirm a booking the following payment terms must be adhered to:
Within 7 days of booking the Guest House requires a 50% non-refundable deposit in order to confirm and secure the booking. Should the 50% non-refundable deposit not be received, the Guest House reserves the right to continue quoting on the requested dates.
All payments must be made in the applicable currency directly to By Bush Telegraph Lodge. Kindly consider currency fluctuations when making payments via bank transfers.
Reservation Office Hours
Our normal office opening hours for reservations are as follows:
|Monday – Friday||6:30 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday – Sunday||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Public holidays||7:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
Same Day Reservations
- Online reservations for the same day can be made between the hours of 6:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Telephonic and email reservations for the same day can be made between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Unfortunately we don’t take ‘walk-in reservations’, because we require a deposit payment to secure all our bookings.
Next Day & Future Date Reservations
- Online reservations for the following day or for a future date can be made 24 hours every day without any restrictions.
- Email reservations for the following day or for a future date can also be made 24 hours a day without any restrictions. However, response to your enquiry should only be expected during our office opening hours.
- Telephonic reservations for the following day or for a future date can be made during our normal reservation office opening hours.
Check-in, and check-out times
- Check-in time is from 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Check-out time is 10 AM
Early check-in or late check-out is subjected to availability on the relevant day, and must be arranged in advance within a reasonable time frame. An additional fee may apply.
Check-in later then 8:00 PM must be arranged in-advance with the guest house, and may result in an additional surcharge of R300.00. Suites not occupied by the guest by 10:00 PM will be assumed to be ‘No Show’, unless prior arrangement has been made for a late check-in.
For information about breakfast opening times, please visit our Services page.
Cancellation by the Guest House
We reserve the right to cancel any bookings forthwith and without liability on its part in the event of damage or destruction of the allocated rooms or venue by fire or cause, any shortage of labour or food supplies, strikes, lockouts or industrial unrest, or any other cause beyond the control of our company, which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking. Subject to the circumstances, an asserted but reasonable effort will be made to persist with accommodating the reservation.
- On cancelling a confirmed booking 21 days or longer prior to arrival – the 90% of the deposit will be refunded. (The 10% of the deposit will be charged as administration fee.)
- On cancelling a confirmed booking 20 to 14 days prior to arrival – the 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- On cancelling a confirmed booking 13 days or shorter prior to arrival – there will be no deposit will be refunded.
- Non-arrivals (or No Shows) are liable to pay the 100% booking price.
- On shortening an already confirmed stay – 100% of the booking price is non-refundable.
Children of all ages are welcome. By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD is not responsible for any harm or injuries of any sort may come to children whilst on the Guest House premises. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure the safety and appropriate behavior of their children in the Guest House, and By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD Staff are not responsible for the supervision of children left unattended by their parents.
- Children under the age of 3 can stay in the Guest house for no extra charge. They are not considered as adult from the accommodation point of view.
- Children between the age of 3 – 12 can stay at the Guest House for an additional charge of R190.00 per night including breakfast.
- Two children between the age of 3 – 12, sharing the same room, can stay at the Guest House for the normal “Sharing rate” per night of the particular room type.
- The aforementioned room rates for children may be additionally discounted if booked in the Family room type. Make an enquiry for Family room rates.
- Children over the age of 16 are considered as adults, and will be charged a full rate for their stay.
Condition of Service
By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD is not responsible for loss or damage to property of any visitor brought upon the premises, arising from fire, theft or otherwise, by whomsoever caused or arising from negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employ of the proprietors. All visitors whether or not they occupy rooms, are deemed to contract with the proprietors on this basis. The Guest acknowledges that any such belongings, e.g. equipment, furniture, stock, or other property of any sort, will remain under the control and care of the Guest and that the Guest is in the best position to insure such property and accordingly it is reasonable for the Guest to indemnify the Guest House of liability for such belongings.
The Guest is responsible for any loss or damages to the Guest House’s property and shall pay the amount due on receipt of a written request. The Guest shall ensure that their stay is conducted in an orderly fashion without causing a nuisance and in full compliance with the directives and requirements of the Guest House and with all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
For safety, health reasons and to ensure that our facilities are not exposed to items or actions that create an objectionable odor to other guests of ours, and is difficult to eliminate from the fittings and furniture, we do not permit smoking tobacco products of any kind in our facilities, unless it is done so at the designated areas of the building. As stipulated by law, smoking is only permitted in these designated smoking areas within the building. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they comply with smoking laws and we reserve the right to take legal action against transgressors.
Read the related Tobacco Products Control Act, 2007/ South African Government
Food and Beverage Policy
The company does not allow food or beverage items to be brought onto the premises without prior arrangement with the Management. By Bush Telegraph Lodge (Pty) LTD reserves the right to charge and additional ‘Corkage fee’ for beverages brought on the property.