What’s near your guest house
We gathered some answers for you to the most frequently asked location related questions about our lodge. We believe that you should be fully aware of what’s near our guest house before making a reservation.
You may also find more information on our Location page.
How far is the nearest Airport from By Bush Telegraph Lodge?
OR Tambo International Airport is about 33.6 km away from our guest house. Here are some alternatives about how to get to the airport from BBT Lodge. Furthermore, Lanseria International Airport is approximately 38 km, which is a 34-minute drive away.
Although Grand Central Airport is the closest to our guest house, it is not suitable for commercial airlines to land there. Grand Central is about 8.6 km away, which is about 12 minutes drive (depending on traffic).
How far is the nearest Hospital from By Bush Telegraph Lodge?
Our guest house is nearest to Mediclinic Midstream hospital, which is about 11.5 km away or 17 minutes drive by car (depending on traffic).
The alternative hospital nearby is Netcare Waterfall City Hospital. It is almost the same distance away as the previous one, which is about 14.5 km or 17 minutes drive.
How far is the nearest shopping Mall from your By Bush Telegraph Lodge?
The closest shopping Mall to our Midrand guest house is the Mall of Africa. This Mall is one of the largest Mall in the southern hemisphere of the continent. It is about 13.8 km, which is roughly 15 minutes drive away.
Although there are also smaller shopping centres close by, such as:
– Grey Owl Village – 8 km or 12 min. drive
– Blue Hills Shopping Centre – 8.7 km or 12 min. drive
You may find more options on our Shopping page.
Is there a restaurant near your guest house?
There are a few restaurants near our guest house that are worth mentioning.
Find a list of them below.
– Eugene’s Casa (Portuguese) – 8 km or 12 min. drive
– Grey Owl Spur – 8 km or 12 min. drive
– Ocean Basket Grey Owl – 8 km or 12 min. drive
– Shagun (Indian) – 13 km or 24 min. drive
Is there a Spa near BBT Lodge?
Yes. There is a Spa about 4 minutes drive away from us called Especially 4 U. They offer a wide range of reasonably priced massage and beauty treatments.
Alternatively, you can arrange a mobile Spa treatment with Mimosa Oak. They can bring your choice of therapy to your room. Find out more about Mimosa Oak.
What activities do you have at/near your lodge?
ACTIVITIES AND PASTIMES AT BBT LODGE
Here are some of the activities and pastimes you can do at our guest house during your stay:
– A broad selection of DSTV channels to watch
– Free WiFi to keep you connected
– Swimming/sunbathing by our large pool
– Enjoying a nightcap from our bar
– Having a Spa treatment in your room
– Playing board games (Scrabble, Monopoly, 30 seconds, puzzle, etc.)
– Braaing with your friends or family
– Bird watching in our lush garden
ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO NEAR OUR LODGE
Here is a handful of activities and things you can do near our guest house:
– Take scenic walks/run within the tranquil estate
– Ride a horse at the nearby horse riding school (Capriole Stables)
– Book a beauty treatment at the nearby Spa
– Get your hair done at the nearby hair saloon (Carla’s Hair Studio)
– Ride the waves at StokeCity adventure park (may be closed during the pandemic)
– Learn about the history of coins at Coin World Museum
– Go shopping at one of the largest malls in South Africa (Mall of Africa)
– Browse hand-crafted goods at the Irene Market
– Take a game drive at Rietvlei Dam Nature reserve
– Shoot your way through all the four fields at Centurion Paintball
You may find extensive articles about nearby events, adventure, tourist attractions and shopping on our Things to do page.