The effects of COVID-19 on your stay at BBT Lodge
Do you serve breakfast and dinner during the Lockdown period?
We do serve breakfast and dinner during the lockdown period. Because of the effects of COVID-19, we encourage our guests to have their meals in their rooms. However, we also make it optional for you to dine in our breakfast room or our pub at this stage. Furthermore, as a preventative measure, you are required to place your breakfast order using our online platform.
How do I check-in/place my breakfast order online?
Our checking-in and placing your breakfast order online is quite simple at By Bush Telegraph Lodge.
1. You’ll receive the links to our check-in and breakfast order forms via WhatsApp on arrival. (We provide a free WiFi connection for easy access to the system.)
2. After you received the links, all you need to do is open them in your phone’s web browser.
3. When a form opens up in your browser, you’ll see a straightforward online form with simple questions and answers to them.
4. Once you’ve answered all questions and finished filling out the form, you hit submit at the bottom of the last page.
We designed these forms with your convenience in mind. However, you are always welcome to ask for help via WhatsApp if you have difficulties filling out these forms.
Are there any of your services curtailed due to COVID-19 at By Bush Telegraph Lodge?
In order to stop the spread of coronavirus, we discourage waiter service in our restaurant or our bar during the lockdown. Instead, we prefer to deliver all orders directly to your suite. Additionally, to encourage room service, we placed dining tables in most of our rooms. Nonetheless, until government regulations state it otherwise, dining in our restaurant or pub is still optional to our guests at this time.
However, as part of the unfavourable effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on our services, we had to stop buffet service in the mornings. We believe this service style is not suitable for curbing the spread of the virus.
What are the effects of COVID-19 on your facilities?
In an effort to stop further infections of the Coronavirus, the following facilities will only be available on request (Although these facilities won’t always be available, the related guest services won’t be curtailed.):
– Breakfast room (Not available during or above Level 3 Lockdown regulations)
– Pub (Not available during or above Level 3 Lockdown regulations)
– Dining room (Not available during or above Level 3 Lockdown regulations)
Do you serve alcohol during the lockdown?
According to the latest South African Government Level 2 Lockdown regulations, we are permitted to sell alcoholic beverages until further notice for on-site consumption until 20:00. You may find more information on the Government website.
What are the effects of COVID-19 on using the swimming pool?
Yes. We maintain and ensure our pool’s cleanliness and hygiene ourselves. And as per the WHO website, well maintained and correctly chlorinated swimming pools are safe to use during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, you will still have to keep to social distancing even inside the swimming pool.